I will show you how to set the axis labels and legends to 24pt, and the axis labels (Energy / Time) to 18pt as new default options using “Save Display Options” and with Python. Both methods can be used to customize other settings such as background color (I prefer a solid white background), the averaging threshold etc.
The easy way, Save Display Options
- Open a graph from an available ODB file
- Double-Click the axis titles and legend to apply the following settings, note that 1&2 must be applied for both X- and Y-axis.
- Title Options
- Label Options
- File->”Save Display Options”
- Select “Home” for settings that will apply to all future Abaqus/CAE projects
- Select “Current” for settings that will apply for all Abaqus/CAE files opened in the current folder
The “abaqus_2016.gpr” file generated from “..Save Display Options” can be copied onto other systems in the users’ home directory: “C:Users\UserName\”.
The fun way, Python
I prefer to setup my environment with python, as I find it easier to keep track of – and it let’s me use call-back functions, which is super-helpful.
For the Abaqus 2016 and newer, the good ol’ environment file have undergone some changes. The new environment file location has changed to “solvers_install_dir/os/SMA/site/” – which translates to “C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\SimulationServices\V6R2016x\win_b64\SMA\site” if defaults was used during install.
It is also worth to mention that the environment files has a forced “read-only” attribute, which requires us copy edited versions of the environment files into the directory. Notepad++ has an “administrator” mode, which will let you edit the file in the directory, but I’ll outline the alternative way, as I know it’s uncommon to have admin-rights across the board.
Changes to the environment file should added to “custom_v6.env”, which also contains the license-server information.
- Copy “custom_v6.env” to a place where we can modify it
- Open “custom_v6.env” in a text-editor
- Add line 7-24 to your custom file
- Copy “custom_v6.env” back to “…\SMA\site\” directory
There you go! The default settings has been updated, all graphs will now be clearly readable.
If you have any questions regarding more customization, please let us know in the comment section!